Our meeting in October was focused on. rehearsal performances for our club show at the end of October.
President Dan Jones announced that the Flea Market was a success. Treasurer Rob Krozal then gave us a run down on the numbers. Overall we Grossed $1,107 and Netted $1,065. Big thanks to those that donated magic for the club's benefit, to those that volunteered to make the event possible and to our Sgt at Arms Don Oesterwind for coordinating to make the facility available at no charge.
Then it was on to rehearsals.
- Phil Mann kicked us off with an effect where spirits shattered a wine glass, under glass. Then a member of the audience was selected and they were levitated in a mysterious comedy levitating skeleton routine.
- Karl & Bill Rabe performed their "Bottle and Glass Trick?". A comedy 2-person multiplying bottle routine.
- Johnny NY performed a multi-card selection and reveal where a half dozen audience members had their cards found.
- Mike Bodgas performed a comedy perverse card selection and reveal.
- Dalton Pittman-Cahill performed a Edgar Alan Poe themed divination with Book Marks.
- Ming and Barbara wrapped up. First Ming regaled us with tales of his Grandfather's magic and produced silver dollars from a silk. The silver dollars vanished and then "flew" into an empty wine glass. Next up was a three ring linking ring routine. For the finale, Barbara was the subject in a tube and sword penetration.
On Friday October 28, 2022 our club held their first Parlor Show. It was a sell-out crowd and a great success. Photos by Pat Rabe, Sean & Tracy Howell, Kelli Blow and Jackie Clark.
Bill Rabe presents Stage Manager Tracy Howell with flowers and a gift card to her favorite Tubby Subs. Master of Ceremonies Sean Howell (Naes) was discretely presented with a bottle of bourbon.
Additional thanks go to these folks not pictured...
- Daniel Kearsey for creating our poster free of charge. Daniel Kearsey is a graphic designer and artist specializing in sports and entertainment illustration. His work often focuses on trading card illustration, poster design and more. Learn more about Daniel at https://www.sixtyfirststreet.com.
- Bob Goodwin suggested the idea of hanging door tags in the neighborhoods around the art center and did some research with the City on what was permitted.
- Carl Wallace ran the sound for the show.